Submitting Subdivision Applications
Finding the ApplicationApplications can be picked up in the Planning Department or downloaded from our Applications and Process page.
Filling Out the ApplicationWe encourage everyone to call or stop by our office before filling out an application. This will make help us make sure your proposal generally adheres to the Zoning Ordinance and Planning Board Regulations, provide you with some pointers, and answer any questions.
How to Apply
- Start off with an explanation of what the property currently is.
- Explain in writing what it is that you propose to do. Include plans showing existing conditions and proposed conditions.
- For Administrative Applications include plot plans. The Planning Department can print a plot plan (map) of your property for $2, you can use this website to print your own
- For Minor Site plans, professionally drafted plans may or may not be required, please contact us.
- For Major Site plans, professionally drafted plans are required.
- Submit a completed "Site Plan Checklist."
- Include any other applicable reports/plans (drainage, wetland, traffic, architecture, etc.).
- Pictures help too!
- Follow the additional instructions on the coversheets of the Minor Site Plan Applications and Instructions or Planning Board Applications and Instructions. (Note -there are no additional instructions for Administrative Applications).
- Submit a list of abutters. This list can be obtained from the Assessor's Department.
- Submit prepared abutter envelopes and appropriate certified postage fees. Prepared envelopes include each abutter's name, plus one for the property owner. Please call the Planning Department for information on the latest postage fees. The return address should be City of Laconia Planning Department at:
45 Beacon Street E
Laconia, NH 03246
- Follow the additional instructions on the coversheet of the Planning Board Applications and Instructions.
Submitting the Application
- Applications must be submitted in accordance with the Planning Board and Technical Review Committee Schedule
- Applications are due by noon of the deadline day.
- Fees to be paid at the time of submittal: A $200 flat fee PLUS one or more per lot/unit/lot line adjustment fees referenced in the Planning Board Application Fees. Please call the Planning Department and we can help you determine the appropriate fees.